Skip to main content

Featured

Hike it, why I like it!

If you are a Coloradan and from Denver, you will most likely recognize this part of I70!  I have always loved coming up over the crest of the hill and passing under the bridge to this view! Today, it was covered in beautiful snow and we were heading up for a snowy hike! We were trying out a new trail, up by a local ski area that was a little tricky to get to but leave it to my guy to figure it out!  We were in for a treat, not only in the hike up but at the summit as well!! The snow was plentiful and the day was chilly but the hike kept us pretty warm!  I loved all the little details we got to see! Two miles up, two miles down (well duh....lol). The sliver of a moon showing it's face. OH those views... We took our time climbing, enjoying some stops to take it all in. There were so many different things to see on the journey, as there always is, especially if you keep your eyes open and looking not only i

You did WHAT?



Erin Broadway...thank you!


Shooting all over the wilderness, parks and insanely gorgeous areas of Colorado, always leaves me wanting to return, on my own, to explore more.  A couple of weekends ago after my 2nd session in Eldorado Springs, I grabbed my Chacos and headed to the hills.

I have hiked the trail before and knew it held some gorgeous views, challenging climbs and enough time to let the mind and body have some good escape time.  I was craving this, just for me. It was a cool morning, and I felt pretty good and started the climb with almost no one around.  It was still early so trails weren't packed like they would be later in the day.

Of course I stopped for some pictures and just take in the view here and there on the climb to the Continental Divide overlook.  

I had seen a couple sets of people, and one was 2 girls that I had passed, and then they ended passing me.  The second time as I was pacing myself to them, I noticed the gorgeous hair that one of the hikers had, pulled back into a loose long pony tail.  Seriously amazing. All I could thing of was....PICTURES lol, and how amazing she would look at the top of the hill with all that red hair!

So, probably sounding a little creepy, I got up the courage to go introduce myself, talk to the girls for a bit and awkwardly ask if I could photograph her!  Wow, WAY out of my comfort zone and had I not been inspired by and heard of other photographer friends that have asked random people that caught their eye for whatever reason, asking to do some quick pictures, I would have never in a million years put myself out there.  I'm glad I did!

First off, these two ladies were SO cool and chill and said they didn't even think twice that I asked!  WHAT????  REALLY ?? YAYYYY!!!  lol  And...it turns out Erin was a hair model growing up so, I guess I'm not the only one who noticed her stunning locks!!  😉

I shot a very quick 20-40 frames, got her email, and thanked them so much for letting me intrude on their day.  I finished my hike and not 10 minutes after I had headed off to continue my hike, I thought of ALL the cool shots I should have taken lol.  Like SO many cool ideas that entered my mind a LITTLE too late. The upside is, I got the courage to do something uncomfortable!  I kept telling myself, all she could say is no! Now that I've done it once, I will feel more comfortable taking a little more time and not putting unneeded pressure on myself to "HURRY UP"!  I will be able to let my creativity emerge a little more and actually develop a skill of letting inspiration flow more rapidly!!  A win/win for sure!  

So THANK YOU to Erin, truly, for not making me feel like a dork, and being so willing to get in front of my camera on the spur of the moment!

The final take away and bonus for me is, I plan to meet up with her and her boyfriend to do further shooting in the future!  As I ALWAYS say, I love making meaningful connections and by taking a chance, I did just that!!  

Thank you for checking in on THE BLOG, and until next week...

💓

Below are three more favorites from our five minutes together!









Comments

Popular Posts

01 09 10