Skip to main content

Featured

Hike it, why I like it!

If you are a Coloradan and from Denver, you will most likely recognize this part of I70!  I have always loved coming up over the crest of the hill and passing under the bridge to this view! Today, it was covered in beautiful snow and we were heading up for a snowy hike! We were trying out a new trail, up by a local ski area that was a little tricky to get to but leave it to my guy to figure it out!  We were in for a treat, not only in the hike up but at the summit as well!! The snow was plentiful and the day was chilly but the hike kept us pretty warm!  I loved all the little details we got to see! Two miles up, two miles down (well duh....lol). The sliver of a moon showing it's face. OH those views... We took our time climbing, enjoying some stops to take it all in. There were so many different things to see on the journey, as there always is, especially if you keep your eyes open and looking not only i

Creeks, woods, beaches and...skateboards! How I personalize a session!

Relaxed and casual...


When I received the completed questionnaire from Jackson, one that I send to all my seniors so I can get to know them a little better before we meet, I KNEW our session was going to be a LOT of fun. I'm so glad to have this little piece of info, as it makes it fun to incorporate things that really makes them tick, if possible!

We met later in the day out at a favorite location of mine that I haven't shot in for a year or so.  We met in the parking lot on a beautiful late summer afternoon, with gorgeous temps and even more beautiful light!

Getting down to business right away was easy, Jackson was an easy going kid, fun to be around.  He is an athlete, super handsome and all around great demeanor!  Mom and dad were pretty cool too!  😉

We shot all around the park, as I usually do, capturing his essence in a cool variety of settings. From darker wooded areas to open grassy fields, to bright sunny, sandy beaches. 























Once we got the bulk of the session done, it was time to play.  (rubbing my hands together with great excitement...hee hee)  

Jackson indicated on his questionnaire that one of the things he liked to do for fun was long board.  Wellllll, this just so happens to be one thing that I absolutely LOVE photographing!!  I guess it was my lucky day!!  How exciting to have someone that thought it would be just as cool as I did, to include it in his session! 😊

We drove to a more remote area in the park and just. had. fun.  You may have seen pictures of me laying in the middle of the road on my Instagram stories lol.  I did quite a bit of that in order to get the shots I wanted, as well as having to move out from the road to let cars pass (although in reality there really weren't all that many).

Here is a glimpse of what unraveled over the course of the next 30 minutes or so...




 
























Jackson, THANK you for being such a great sport and just enjoying some "ride" time while I did my thing!  

Personalizing a session can be super fun!  It's not necessary by any means, but it definitely feels kind of special if you can incorporate something that is so "you" at this important time of life!  A fantastic memory to be had for sure!!!

Thank you for reading and being interested in my dealio!  I appreciate the engagement and am always open to talking shop, or life, or whatever lol!!  Reach out!

Until next week....

💗


Comments

  1. YESSS!!! It's so nice to see blogs of your work since we always talk about photography on Fridays :) I love the "play" photos. They are so much fun! I am sure he loves his photos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much for the comment!! As you know I LOVE talking photos and yes the "play" ones were SO MUCH FUN! he was a cool kid to get to spend some time with!!

      Delete
  2. I love that you added the skateboard element! So much fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you it was a GREAT time and we got some great memories for him!!

      Delete
  3. I love the skateboard photos! How fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Shea!! It was a LOT of fun to add that element into his session!!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

01 09 10