Featured

Hike it, why I like it!


If you are a Coloradan and from Denver, you will most likely recognize this part of I70!  I have always loved coming up over the crest of the hill and passing under the bridge to this view! Today, it was covered in beautiful snow and we were heading up for a snowy hike!



We were trying out a new trail, up by a local ski area that was a little tricky to get to but leave it to my guy to figure it out!  We were in for a treat, not only in the hike up but at the summit as well!!






The snow was plentiful and the day was chilly but the hike kept us pretty warm!  I loved all the little details we got to see!


Two miles up, two miles down (well duh....lol).

The sliver of a moon showing it's face.



OH those views...









We took our time climbing, enjoying some stops to take it all in. There were so many different things to see on the journey, as there always is, especially if you keep your eyes open and looking not only in front of you, but also behind you, and up...and down.  You may be surprised that where you find the most interesting things is not where you were looking the first time!









We pretty much flew down the mountain afterwards, feeling ready for a burger, and feeling pretty tired from the climb.  I had a birds eye view here, even at the end, of the top of the ski lift.  

I hike because it makes me feel connected, to my world, to myself, and it helps me step away from the ordinary.  I see things I don't see very often, and visually can explore the environment.  I always see something new and exciting and enjoy the opportunity to slow down and appreciate yet another piece of our world.

Thank you for coming along on the adventure and as always, I thank you for being here with me, on my journey.  I appreciate you!

Until next week...
💓

Comments

Popular Posts