Skip to main content

Featured

Hike it, why I like it!

If you are a Coloradan and from Denver, you will most likely recognize this part of I70!  I have always loved coming up over the crest of the hill and passing under the bridge to this view! Today, it was covered in beautiful snow and we were heading up for a snowy hike! We were trying out a new trail, up by a local ski area that was a little tricky to get to but leave it to my guy to figure it out!  We were in for a treat, not only in the hike up but at the summit as well!! The snow was plentiful and the day was chilly but the hike kept us pretty warm!  I loved all the little details we got to see! Two miles up, two miles down (well duh....lol). The sliver of a moon showing it's face. OH those views... We took our time climbing, enjoying some stops to take it all in. There were so many different things to see on the journey, as there always is, especially if you keep your eyes open and looking not only i

My tiny moments...


Lacing up the boots and making the decision to take a little snowy adventure!



When I had my little family home over the holidays, it was a must for me, to get in a mini session with Gabs!  We had scheduled time for the last day she was in town, and of course we got a freezing cold snow storm as a gift!  As you know I love shooting in the snow but it was ridiculously cold, and we only lasted a little bit outside!  It was enough though, for this mama to get her fix, and send her off again until next time.

We got out of the car to find the winds had picked up more than we realized lol...




We didn't want to go too far, but there was a really cool little creek that we knew looked super cool in the snow, so that was our destination.



 Winter grasses are the best!  I love the color they add to the stark white, warming up the scene beautifully, even though it was colder than snot!  haha




After we found the creek, we turned around and made our way back to the car, extra quickly!



 


We didn't sprint, but we did run, and laugh... all the way back.  Such a fun memory and I'm so lucky to have this kid, as my kid!!  

Thank you for riding along with the big things, and also the small things, like this, that mean so much to me!

If you have questions, comments, concerns lol...please reach out! I am totally honest when I say I love connecting with others!  I have made quite a few new connections with people whom I would now consider friends, by just having common interests and sharing them!!  

Until next week...

💓

Comments

01 09 10