Skip to main content

Featured

Hike it, why I like it!

If you are a Coloradan and from Denver, you will most likely recognize this part of I70!  I have always loved coming up over the crest of the hill and passing under the bridge to this view! Today, it was covered in beautiful snow and we were heading up for a snowy hike! We were trying out a new trail, up by a local ski area that was a little tricky to get to but leave it to my guy to figure it out!  We were in for a treat, not only in the hike up but at the summit as well!! The snow was plentiful and the day was chilly but the hike kept us pretty warm!  I loved all the little details we got to see! Two miles up, two miles down (well duh....lol). The sliver of a moon showing it's face. OH those views... We took our time climbing, enjoying some stops to take it all in. There were so many different things to see on the journey, as there always is, especially if you keep your eyes open and looking not only i

Glass, brick and a whole lotta vibe!




Here we are a week before Christmas, and I am feeling pretty good about where things are!  I have completed most of my shopping, only a few things left on the list! Tree is finally up (waited for Gabby to get home), and plans are made for the day itself!

I am in the process of making a year end compilation video, but this week I thought I would showcase more of my trip downtown to shoot a project I was working on for a publication.  I shot some for myself while shooting for the job! Why not!! 

I have shot many portrait sessions downtown but being my main love is photographing people, I never really focused any attention on the things around me that the city offered, as a stand alone.  This was FUN!  I really love a lot of these images for what they are and can see doing more of this, and exploring the differences it could bring to my way of thinking and eye! Trying to make a building look interesting, is way more difficult to me than making a person look interesting lol.  

Let's see what I saw!

This building and light showed it's face as soon as I turned my first corner after parking. Those COLORS....ahhhhhh


The light bouncing off the windows at this time of the morning was so gorgeous! Added a little extra something to the image!



Also shot on my roll of film I shared last week, but a different look with digital! 



I went into Union Station to get out of the cold for a minute and saw a line going into this shop...I thought, why not?  Had a most fantastic decaf americano!! 


Connected to the coffee shop was this cool ice cream and candy shop that was closed up being it was still bright and early.  Super cool and retro!




Same window, different view!




I sat on an open couch, for a minimum of 30 minutes, and just observed while I enjoyed my coffee. The place was buzzing with families waiting to see Santa. Brought back memories of when my kids were that small and how COOL to bring them to Union Station for the experience! By the time I was ready to leave, the line was wrapped all around the station and out the door!








These chairs...


😉😊


If you don't look up, when you are inside, you are missing out!!







View from the other side of the tree!


Warmed up, soaked it all in, and then I had to head back out to shoot more for the project. I saw things I never would have noticed before! Tacos anyone? :)


Amazing book store, even more amazing shadows!





What caught my eye was the steam coming from the buildings, the crane, train and taller glass walls as you went further and further.


I am ready to go downtown again! I'm really excited that I was hired for an assignment that took me into a new realm!  Funny how things work out!!  

Thank you for checking in this week!  Leave a comment if you have tried something completely out of your norm and ended up loving it!!  I'm always up for a chat!!!

Until next week....
💓



Comments

  1. These are great downtown Denver pictures! I especially love the pictures around the Union Station, the candy shop, the windows, gorgeous! How fun to just get some pictures for yourself...and I agree, making a building look good can be harder to making a person look good- you can't move it! lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! It's such a dynamic place and cool visuals EVERYWHERE!!!

      Delete
  2. Looks like a fun adventure downtown whole on assignment. I love Union Station and love even more your perspective of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Colorado blue skies! This is a fun idea...maybe I need to do my own photo walk of Longmont! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes you definitely should!! So fun and different for me!!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

01 09 10