Skip to main content

Featured

Hike it, why I like it!

If you are a Coloradan and from Denver, you will most likely recognize this part of I70!  I have always loved coming up over the crest of the hill and passing under the bridge to this view! Today, it was covered in beautiful snow and we were heading up for a snowy hike! We were trying out a new trail, up by a local ski area that was a little tricky to get to but leave it to my guy to figure it out!  We were in for a treat, not only in the hike up but at the summit as well!! The snow was plentiful and the day was chilly but the hike kept us pretty warm!  I loved all the little details we got to see! Two miles up, two miles down (well duh....lol). The sliver of a moon showing it's face. OH those views... We took our time climbing, enjoying some stops to take it all in. There were so many different things to see on the journey, as there always is, especially if you keep your eyes open and looking not only i

Trying something NEW!!



I had the unexpected opportunity to photograph something totally new to me....FLOWERS!!!!  

During a recent visit to the Denver Botanical Gardens for a senior session, I was able to also grab some personal shots of the most amazing variety of flowers when we wrapped up shooting!

Don't these look like corn cobs? 


Of course when I am out hiking I will always stop and snap a random shot of wild flowers, or, my fiance's front yard has some pretty rockin' annuals, but Sunday, I was able to focus on flower after flower after FLOWER!  I saw flowers and foliage that I had never seen before and I was blown away at their beauty and unique qualities!

While this isn't a flower, it's a pretty rad cactus!!


I loved experiencing the huge array of brilliant colors as well as the shapes and variations I saw during our journey around the complex!  From the succulents to the tropical flowers, nothing disappointed!!  




The lily pads and flowers were some of my favorites!







I was so fortunate to catch 2 bumble bees/wasps in action!!





The fish in the Japanese Gardens were very interested in us hanging over the railing taking a peek!


Pretty little waterfall in the tropical house (not sure the formal name).


It is always a wonderful treat to get to have my eyes opened to new and wonderful things to capture!  Always growing, always learning, always appreciating new opportunities!!



Comments

Popular Posts

01 09 10