Skip to main content

Featured

Hike it, why I like it!

If you are a Coloradan and from Denver, you will most likely recognize this part of I70!  I have always loved coming up over the crest of the hill and passing under the bridge to this view! Today, it was covered in beautiful snow and we were heading up for a snowy hike! We were trying out a new trail, up by a local ski area that was a little tricky to get to but leave it to my guy to figure it out!  We were in for a treat, not only in the hike up but at the summit as well!! The snow was plentiful and the day was chilly but the hike kept us pretty warm!  I loved all the little details we got to see! Two miles up, two miles down (well duh....lol). The sliver of a moon showing it's face. OH those views... We took our time climbing, enjoying some stops to take it all in. There were so many different things to see on the journey, as there always is, especially if you keep your eyes open and looking not only i

Progress!

One thing I crave in my day, is personal development and things that are motivating.  It could be a delicious photograph, a pod cast by one of my favorite speakers, or a collection of words in a quote or in something I read that just speaks to me that day.

After going through my "dark" stages in high school and early adulthood, I got myself back on track and really realized what greatness lies inside each and every person.  If we dig deep enough, and have enough faith, it's there and we just need to find it!

After college, working in the movie business in Los Angeles was a fantastic time of life for me, one of a lot of self discovery.  I worked for a small production company that was housed in a quaint old West Hollywood bungalow, that was walking distance to some seriously good food and a book store.  I spent almost every lunch break that I had (which weren't many, you will relate if you have ever worked in the movie biz) at the book store devouring the sections on Eastern philosophy and self discovery.  I bought many a book and developed some really fascinating ideas on life.  I will always remember that time for how it was really the catalyst of my journey....which is still in process by the way...

Fun fact, I didn't take many pictures of my time in Cali...  Its pretty unusual actually because as far back as I can remember, I had a camera in my hand and would rush to the grocery store after finishing a roll, to drop it in the bin to be sent out for development!  I'm sure I was completely annoying to the staff as I would check back fairly regularly to see if my masterpieces had been returned!

Back to the point of this post....I recently listened to a pod cast by Tony Robbins, and he made a statement that I found simple but profound.  He said "Change is automatic, but progress is not.".  If you read my first post, you will understand that change used to be a four letter word to me...used to be, being the optimal phrase.  But progress, now that struck a chord!  Life will change, that we know, but truly happiness is not found from the change, but what we do with the change to make our lives more fulfilled. I now make it a goal each day to move forward, not to just repeat the days of past to just get by, but to truly make progress towards something that I want to achieve.  I am not always successful, but when I am, it definitely leaves me feeling just a bit more satisfied, happy, peaceful, when my day comes to an end.

Pics and short video below on something that I view as progress for me!  I found a new passion for enjoying the magnificent beauty of the state that I live in, and photographing it, instead of continuing to live at the foot of such landscape and saying I lived in Colorado for 20 years but rarely enjoyed what it had to offer.  

Loch Lomond - January 2017

My favorite of my many videos from the GoPro....




Chris...

The wind blowing the snow was fantastic!!


A boy being a boy....no trees were harmed in this stunt...


View, upon view, upon view....





Below zero at the lake...windier than *&^#


You can definitely teach old "er" dogs new tricks!  


Comments

Popular Posts

01 09 10